*This is an ONLINE course.
In this exciting online course, students will be exploring several aspects of Physics. During these activities, students will explore the applications of the Scientific Method to understand potential, kinetic energy, momentum, and types of sound waves. Students will study potential and kinetic energy as we construct our own roller coaster, and we will also hear and see the physics of sound as we “surf” these waves to understand how they work!
Student Learning Objectives:
- Develop valuable critical thinking skills in which they will be able to gather, organize, and analyze data from various sources and apply that to their own projects
- Students will use models to test interactions concerning the functioning of scientific systems.
- Understand the interaction of potential and kinetic energy, as well as momentum
- Students will build a bridge using popsicle sticks, a paper roller coaster, and construct a phone to listen to sound waves.
- Students must have a laptop/computer/phone with a camera
- Students must have access to a quiet work environment
- Students will need access to basic tools- paper, pencils, erasers
- Students are expected to be respectful to teachers and peers and participate in all activities
- Be on time, sit or stand where your device remains immobile