*This is an ONLINE course.
In this online course, students will be examining fingerprints, fabric, toxicology, and hair samples as they enter the world of forensic science. Students will utilize critical thinking as they learn about the tools of a CSI Forensic Investigator, including fingerprinting techniques, DNA analysis, handwriting analysis, and ink chromatography.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Students will construct arguments with evidence, data, and/or a model from the online activities
- Students will use models to test interactions concerning the functioning of scientific systems.
- Students will use evidence in constructing explanations that specify variables that describe and predict phenomena and in designing multiple solutions to investigative
Absolutely, NO VIDEO RECORDINGS of class images/voices, content or likenesses
- Students must have a laptop/computer/phone with a camera
- Students must have access to a quiet work environment
- Students will need access to basic tools- paper, pencils, erasers
- Students are expected to be respectful to teachers and peers and participate in all activities
- Be on time, sit or stand where your device remains immobile
- Be responsible when using and accessing the internet, websites and social media assigned to this course