*This is an ONLINE course.
Rev-up your reading skills is for students that want to maintain their reading comprehension growth and support reluctant reads at their reading level. The class will lead students forward with reading skills that will increase their confidence. The goal being for students to learn to process increasingly challenging text with fluency and comprehension.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
- Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details
- Be able to summarize the text, explain the author purpose and point of view and identify main events.
- Be on time, sit where your device remains immobile and the camera/mic is directed to the face
- Actively participate but do not chat or talk when someone else is talking, mics should be muted unless teacher calls on you
- Communicate frequently, discuss any questions or concerns with instructor, read over syllabus thoroughly
- Keep your camera on unless directed by the teacher, student faces only, no emoji’s or icons and wear appropriate dress.
- Absolutely, NO VIDEO RECORDINGS of class images/voices, content or likenesses.
- Be responsible when using and accessing the internet, websites and social media assigned to this course
- Internet devices used by student MUST be able to support Google Classroom, the internet platform for this class. Students MUST have a google email address (Gmail account) to participate in this online class