*This is an ONLINE course.
Students must use the real life skills of shopping on a budget in this project. Students choose their purchases from an advertisement. They estimate sums and differences of both decimals and whole numbers, and make decisions based on their budgets. This project encourages students to think beyond computation.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Students will be able to add and subtract decimals
- Students will be able to round decimals to the nearest 10th and whole dollar
- Students will be able to write equations and solve word problems using decimals
- Students must have a laptop with a camera
- Students must have a Google Account (can use parents' account if necessary)
- Students must have access to a quiet work environment
- Students will need access to basic tools- paper, pencils, erasers
- Students are expected to be respectful to teachers and peers and participate in all activities
- There is absolutely no video recording of any of the class sessions