This is an ONLINE course.
In this rigorous class, students will build their own bakeries. Cookie and cupcake recipes are not the only parts in this tasty project where they will practice finding all things fractions! Finding equivalent fractions, simplifying fractions, comparing fractions, multiplying and dividing fractions by whole numbers and mixed numbers as well as converting between fractions and decimals are just a small fraction of this class!
Student Learning Objectives:
- Students will be able to find equivalent fractions, simplify fractions, and compare fractions
- Students will be able to multiply and divide fractions by whole numbers and mixed numbers
- Students will be able to convert between fractions and decimals
- Students must have a laptop with a camera
- Students must have a Google Account (can use parents' account if necessary)
- Students must have access to a quiet work environment
- Students will need access to basic tools- paper, pencils, erasers
- Students are expected to be respectful to teachers and peers and participate in all activities
- There is absolutely no video recording of any of the class sessions