*This is an ONLINE course.
Addition and subtraction skills will be practiced in this real world application project as students work as online zookeepers. Students will practice their math skills, while also incorporating animal science elements. Examples of lessons will have students calculating the amount of food needed to feed specific animals, as well as having to calculate total zoo food budgets. This fun and engaging project will have your child adding and subtracting with a purpose.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Students will be able to add/subtract multi-digit numbers with and without regrouping
- Students will be able to interpret charts/graphs and answer data based questions
- Students will be able to use their knowledge of place value, addition, and subtraction to solve multiple step word problems
- Students must have a laptop with a camera
- Students must have a Google Account (can use parents' account if necessary)
- Students must have access to a quiet work environment
- Students will need access to basic tools- paper, pencils, erasers
- Students are expected to be respectful to teachers and peers and participate in all activities
- There is absolutely no video recording of any of the class sessions