*This is an ONLINE course.
In this highly engaging project students will design their own luxury hotels. No detail is overlooked from the size of the hotel to the number of lamps that must be purchased, as well as how many guests they can accommodate. Students must use their multiplication and division skills to create a budget, plan, and build a successful luxury resort. Students will advertise their hotels by creating a Google Slides presentation to be shared with the rest of the class.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Students will be able to use multiply multi-digit numbers
- Students will be able to write equations and solve multi-step word problems
- Students will be able to interpret and complete data charts
- Students will be able to create and share a presentation using data collected in class
- Students must have a laptop with a camera
- Students must have a Google Account (can use parents' account if necessary)
- Students must have access to a quiet work environment
- Students will need access to basic tools- paper, pencils, erasers
- Students are expected to be respectful to teachers and peers and participate in all activities
There is absolutely no video recording of any of the class sessions.