*This is an ONLINE course.
Responding to literature is the way a student reacts to something that has been read or listened to. In this course, students will learn to interact with the text, develop a deeper understanding and relate what they have read to their own personal experiences. Through this class students learn to construct meaning and strengthen reading comprehension.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it
- Draw conclusions/opinions from the text supported by text evidence
- Be able to summarize the text, explain the author purpose and point of view and identify main events.
Internet devices used by student MUST be able to support Google Classroom, the internet platform for this class. Students MUST have a google email address (Gmail account) to participate in this online class
- Be on time, sit where your device remains immobile and the camera/mic is directed to the face
- Actively participate but do not chat or talk when someone else is talking, mics should be muted unless teacher calls on you
- Communicate frequently, discuss any questions or concerns with instructor, read over syllabus thoroughly
- Keep your camera on unless directed by the teacher, student faces only, no emoji’s or icons and wear appropriate dress.
- Absolutely, NO VIDEO RECORDINGS of class images/voices, content or likenesses.
- Be responsible when using and accessing the internet, websites and social media assigned to this course